When you decide to rent a property via McDowalls you will need to complete a tenant check reference application form.
McDowalls are proud to be one of very few Letting Agents that charge no fees to tenants.
The following original documents will be required on each applicant:-
1. Passport and drivers licence (valid)
2. National insurance card/ P60/pay slips confirming national insurance number
3. Last three months bank statements or bank reference
4. Three bills/correspondence or I.D. with name and address dated within the last two months
Once McDowalls have received the reference report a moving in date will be agreed and arrangements for the following payments to be made:-
1. First month’s rent in advance
This payment must be received in McDowalls account before the tenancy agreement is signed. All future rent payments will need to be by standing order/bank transfer.
Rent: Up to £850 p.c.m. Deposit £1000
£851 - £1100 p.c.m. Deposit £1500
£1100 p.c.m. and over Deposit will be equivalent of 6 weeks rent
To comply with amendments to the Housing Act 2004, McDowalls are members of the approved Tenancy Deposit Scheme for Regulated Agents (TDSRA). This scheme is specifically for professional agents and is supported by the Association of Residential Lettings Agents (ARLA), the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA). Further details of the TDSRA can be accessed via their website www.tds.gb.com .